STC Energy is committed to protect and respect your privacy. This policy sets out how we will use your personal data whilst you visit our site.
What information is collected
We may collect, store and process the following data about you:
- Information about your visits to and use of this website.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by post, over the telephone or via social media.
Please note that calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
We may also collect information about your computer and your visits to this website, including, where available, your IP address, geographic location, browsing type, referral source, operating system, length of visit and number of page views.
Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored in computer’s hard drive. This information will not identify your personality. We may use that information to improve our site and deliver a better and more personalised service.
How we use your information
We use this information about you to identify or register you as a user of the site and to enable or authorize you to access and submit information and data to the site. In addition to this, we may use this information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To effectively administer, develop, support and improve the site and improve user’s browsing experience by personalising our site.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will be only provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To notify about any changes to our website or services.
- To enable us to collate statistical information about customers and carry out market research.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via Internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. Although all efforts are made to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, nor can we be held responsible for it. Sending information electronically is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosure of information
- To whom disclosure is necessary to enable us to provide you with any service to which you have subscribed (including without limitation for the purposes of contract fulfilment, processing payments, credit referencing, designing, maintaining and administering the site).
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- To further fraud protection and reduce risk of fraud.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.